We all have seasons in our lives when it’s very hard to be positive.
Focusing on gratitude has helped me on my darkest days. It helps me get focused on what’s right rather than what’s wrong. What I FOCUS on the most, I MAGNIFY.
Clients come to me stressed out over things outside their control. I ask questions to challenge their thinking. If I can get their mind focused on gratitude, their perspective changes.
Here’s 20 questions to ask yourself in order to change your perspective. Take no more than 30 seconds to answer each. You will see how quickly your mindset can shift.
1. What is a unique skill or talent I have?
2. Who is a person in my life I’m blessed to know and why?
3. What is a life experience (good or bad) that has made me a better person?
4. What am I probably taking for granted?
5. What’s a modern convenience I get to enjoy?
6. What is something positive about my home environment?
7. Who can I thank today and why?
8. What is one thing someone has done for me that has improved my life?
9. What is an opportunity, big or small, ahead of me?
10. What’s something I’ve learned recently that has improved my life?
11. What did I fail at recently and what did I learn from the failure?
12. Where can I volunteer and help people?
13. What happened yesterday in my life that was positive?
14. What’s something I’m excited about doing later today?
15. What about today has been better than yesterday?
16. What’s the last song you heard recently that you enjoyed and why?
17. How is your life better now compared to this time last year?
18. What have you seen in nature recently that’s pretty cool?
19. Have you recently imagined a worst-case scenario that didn’t come true?
20. How’s the weather today, and what’s one good thing about it?
Answer these questions the next time you’re in a funk and notice how it impacts your mood. Print off this article and use it as a worksheet with yourself, your kids, and friends. Even if your answers are the same each time, they will remind your of the good things in your life.
Note from Bob: The “Timing” of Adam’s “Gratitude Questions” just a few days before “Thanksgiving” could not be more perfect!
Guest Post by Margie Neugebauer Note from Bob: Margie and her husband Duane are both longtime friends and...
Guest Post by Dr. Eric Zabiegalski and Dr. Craig Filipkowski Note from Bob: You may already know the story...
Guest Post by Molly Fletcher Originally Posted @ MollyFletcher.com What leader doesn’t want to be more...
Excerpted from Chapter 16 of “Now That’s a Great Question.” Click HERE to listen to Chapter...
Guest Post by Joe Baker Consider current research and answer these four questions. Current research shows...
My Mom, Clara Tiede, was the best Mom I could have ever had. With one year of Junior College she became a...
Guest Post by Jennifer Ledet I wonder if you can cast your memory back to the beginning of the year? What...