Guest Post by Mary Kelly
Some supervisors, even as experienced managers, have trouble talking with their employees, especially during employee performance appraisal time.
To make these conversations, use questions to elicit information and encourage dialogue.
- What projects are your favorites?
- What aspects of this work do you like best?
- What part of this task do you find the easiest to do?
- What part of this is challenging for you?
- Are there resources you need to get this finished?
- Is there part of this project we need...