Tolstoy’s Three Questions:
- How to tell the right time for every deed?
- How to know who are the most essential people?
- How to decide which pursuits are the most important?
Please take a moment to ponder your answers before you read Tolstoy’s answers at the bottom of this post.
- How did you do?
- Who are you with now? (or who will you be with today?)
- How can you do good to that person(s) now?
- What has been “stirred in you” as you have pondered Tolstoy’s questions?
Leo Tolstoy, 1828-1910 – was a Russian writer who is regarded as one of the greatest authors of all time. Born to an aristocratic Russian family in 1828, he is best known for the novels War and Peace (1869) and Anna Karenina (1877).
Tolstoy’s Three Answers:
- The most important time is “Now.”
- The most important person is “The one you are with.”
- The most important pursuit is “To do good to that person.”