Guest Post by Gary Cohen
CEO transition checklist
1. Have I reflected on the context of my transition—not just from my own perspective, but from that of all key stakeholders?
2. Have I established in my own mind the time frame and intended outcomes of my leadership transition?
3. Have I established my initial set of priorities with a full understanding of what others expect of me?
4. How will I control my agenda and allocate my time?
5. Have I developed a clear process and time frame for selecting my top team?
6. Have I committed sufficiently to building a relationship with my chairman and board?
7. Do I have a mechanism for building the necessary support office and infrastructure?
8. Have I thought through my communications plan internal and external?
9. Do I have a mechanism for getting balanced feedback and information?
10. Have I established appropriate personal ground rules?
Gary Cohen is is Managing Partner of “co2partners,” operating as an executive coach and consultant. He is the author of Just Ask Leadership. As President and Co-founder of ACI Telecentrics, Inc., Gary Cohen grew the company from two people to 2,200 employees.
Which of your friends would thank you if you forwarded this post to them?