Guest Post by Ron Edmundson
One of the best things a leader can do is ask the right questions. I love to say, “A leader can only see what a leader can see”. The leader can often be the last to know where there is a problem or what others are thinking, so asking questions is critical to good leadership. Great leaders ask great questions.
Here are 12 great leadership questions:
1. What can we learn from this?
2. Do you understand what I’m asking you to do?
3. How can I help you?
4. What’s next?
5. Where should we be placing our best energy?
6. What am I missing or forgetting?
7. How can we do it better next time?
8. What do you think?
9. What changes could we implement to make your work life better?
10. What would you do differently if you had my position?
11. Are you enjoying your work?
12. How can I improve my communication with you?
Pick a few of those questions, try them on your team, and let me know your results.
What question would you add? (See, there’s another great question)
Ron Edmondson is a pastor, church leadership consultant and frequent blogger on all things related to church, leadership and family. Ron’s greatest time is spent with his wife Cheryl and their two sons and daughter-in-law.
You can follow Ron’s blog at Ron Edmondson
Which of your friends would thank you if you forwarded this post to them?