Guest Post by Dan Rockwell
Asking questions is the smartest thing you can do.
Most important, asking a question creates silence and silence is the ultimate opportunity.
10 Best Questions Ever
- At the end of a conversation – “Is there anything I should be asking?”
- While talking with a passionate person – “What’s important to you, right now?”
- At the beginning of a meeting – “Why are we here?”
- At the end of a meeting – “Who does what, by when?”
- Any time – “How can I help?”
- When receiving criticism or advice – “Where will your suggestions take us?”
- With your wife – “What can I do that makes you feel loved?”
- With your husband – “What can I do that makes you feel respected?”
- With your children – “What am I doing that frustrates you?”
- Within your own mind – “What vision drives me right now?”
Bonus question when conversations are ending – “Do you have any questions?”
Bonus stupid question – “Why do psychics have to ask your name?”
Reminder: Always follow a question with silence.
Which question can you use today? What questions do you like asking?